It is advised to visit the School Campus before seeking admission or registering a child for admission, and familiarize yourself in regard to all the rules, facets, aspects and quality of the school.
The admission procedure starts with Registration of the child for admission. Please note that Registration does not guarantee admission.
Registration is normally open throughout the year. Both NRI and resident Indian children are to be registered. Registration entails filling in the requisite “Admission Form”, remitting the registration fees and submitting the requisite documents as listed hereunder, to be deposited for registration through post/email or by hand in the School Office. (Registration Fee is mentioned in the “Fee Schedule” Section).
Please note that registration does NOT guarantee admission.
After registration the students applying for Classes II - VI are required to visit the Dharampur Campus, on a date scheduled by the School’s Admission Office, for an Orientation Programme and for Classes VII - IX and XI the “Boarding School Orientation” is held at the Subathu campus, on a stipulated date, as per the school calendar. (Generally, the Orientation is held during the first weekend of February).
Please note that NRI students (seeking admission in Classes II-VII) are granted direct admission and are excused from attending the Orientation in person.
The list of successful candidates is declared within a week after the Orientation in the month of February and the admission needs to be accepted/ declined within a week from this declaration.
Admissions are granted with due preference to NRIs, brothers/sisters of present Grovians, brothers/sisters/children of Old Grovians, children of serving defence personnel, war widows, Govt Employees and brilliant scholarship/free-ship students from the poorer section of society. Details of the procedure is explained hereafter.
Generally, admission will be offered in Class II (2nd Grade) for a child aged 7(seven years) as on 28th February of the year of admission. The subsequent classes can be so calculated. Generally, the accepted formula is,age of child minus 5 or 6 = Class to be admitted.
The standard rule being that the admission will be granted provisionally for the first year and further continuance will depend on the child's performance, academic and otherwise, during the first year of his/her stay in the school.
The boarding school orientation so conducted is not a test or criteria for promotion nor a process of selection/rejection but only meant to gauge the mental and physical make-up of a student to adjust to hostel life, which is vastly different to normal day-schools.
Hence all new admissions have to join the school after successful completion of their academic session in the previous school and obtaining proper School Leaving Certificates.
NRI Admissions :
All parents whose earning is in foreign exchange and those whose children are not Indian nationals shall be considered as NRI children. As an NRI, it is advisable to get the child admitted only if you have some relative/friend who can be the local guardian, for visiting your child on visiting weekends, short/long holidays and shoulder responsibility, especially in case of emergencies.
An NRI/Foreigner has the option to seek direct admission in Classes II to VII only (Subject to availability of seats). This will be permitted only if the child is flying in from abroad for the sole purpose of seeking admission. For Classes VIII and above the child has to appear for a “Boarding School Orientation” as per schedule at the Subathu campus.
For such direct NRI admission the payment of school fee, in USD, as per “Fee Schedule”, for the first academic year, should reach the School Office in full before 15th February of the year admission is sought. NRI students are charged fees in USD which includes tuition, boarding, lodging, books, stationery, laundry, toiletries and other miscellaneous overhead expenses of the school but does not include expenditure on clothing, uniforms, personal items, medicines and camps/excursions.
Plus-2 Admission :
1. Rights of admission to the Senior Secondary Stage (Plus 1 & 2) are reserved. Children passing out of the secondary stage from Pinegrove will not have rights for direct admission to the Senior Secondary Stage and will need to reapply for admission for the senior secondary stage. No re-admission fee will be charged if the request for admission reaches the school Office by the appointed date announced by the school authorities.
2. Due to very limited seats, preference for admission will be given to students passing out from the 10th class from Pinegrove School itself.
3. Children shall be considered for admissions and be offered provisional admission, on the basis of the result card of the 9th Class Final Exams and the Pre-Board Result of 10th Class. The cut off percentage for admission will be announced each year as per school rules. Appropriate weightage shall be given to students excelling in sports and at the discretion of the school management.
4. Admission to Class XI, may not be offered, dependent on limited availability of seats in the hostel or on conduct and academic performance of the child during the previous stay of the child in the school.
5. In the best interest of the child no reasons for rejection need be given and the decision of the School Management and/or the Head of School will be final and binding.
6. All admissions will be provisional till such time the Secondary School Board results are not declared. The provisional admission shall be confirmed after the senior secondary board result.
7. The provisional admission will be withdrawn in such cases where the minimum percentage is not obtained or if a child gets a Compartment or a Fail result in the Secondary School Board results.
8. New Admissions for Class XI shall follow the procedure of Registration, Admission test and interview.
Documents to be submitted at the time of registration :
- For the purpose of registration parents are required to submit the following:
- a) Registration fee payable as per fee schedule.
- b) Duly filled in Admission Form along with the signed copy of School Rules.
- c) Copies of latest passport size photographs (2) of the child.
- d) Attested copy of the Aadhar Card of the child and both parents.
- e) Attested copy of the PAN CARD of both the parents.
- f) Birth Certificate (attested photocopy).
- g) Last two-year academic record/ mark sheet of the child.
- h) Pre-Board Marks Sheet of the previous School (for +2 Stage students only).
- i) Medical Consent Authorization to be furnished by both parents or parent with custody. (Download Document).
- (Additional documents for +2 Stage students are listed after a few paragraphs)
Additional Documents to be submitted at the time of Admission:
In addition to the documents submitted at the time of registration, the following are to be submitted at the time of admission for all students:
- a) Original School Leaving Certificate or Transfer Certificate.
- b) Original Report Card of previous class passed.
- c) Medical Performa and physical fitness certificate.
Additional Documents for NRIs :
In addition to the above mentioned documents, the following documents will also have to be submitted by NRI and foreign students:
- a) Original Passport with valid STUDENT VISA (in original).
- b) An additional attested photocopy of Passport
- c) Letter of acceptance from the local guardian agreeing to be the guardian of the child during his/her stay at the school and accepting to take full responsibility and care of the child during short leaves, vacations and especially during emergencies.
- d) Copy of the Police report regarding the permission for stay of over six months in India. (FRRO Registration, if the child is above 15 years of age).
- e) Letter of Authority permitting the Headmaster or his representative to take all responsibility in case of any emergency.
- f) Photographs and addresses of people allowed to meet the child/children and to take them on visiting weekends and vacations. (for NRI students only)
Additional Documents required to be submitted for Plus-2 admission:
Documents to be submitted by children seeking admission to the Senior Secondary Stage at the time of admission will be as follows:
- a) Duly filled in Admission Form for Class XI
- b) Report Card of Class IX (Final)
- c) Report Card of Class X (Pre-Board)
- d) Supporting Documents of achievements in Sports/other activities
Documents to be submitted at the time of admission
- a) Transfer Certificate from the previous School.
- b) Character Certificate and Proof of Birth from the School
- c) Medical Certificate as per School certificate
Documents to be submitted immediately after declaration of result by Secondary School Board:
- a) Migration Certificate from the Board
- b) Secondary School Board Marks/Statement/ of Class X (in Original)
Download Documents :
The following documents are available for download in PDF format. You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing and printing these documents. You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader from www.adobe.com
1) Admission Form
2) Medical Certificate
3) NRI Students’ Admission Form
4) General Rules and Regulations
5) Clothing List
6) Medical Consent Authorization